Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Eleanor: 1 Week Old

On Sunday Eleanor was one week old.  The first week goes fast, with being in the hospital a few days, then adjusting to life at home with a toddler and crazy dog.  The first day or so was easy, because Eleanor was so sleepy and Ben was still at Brad's parents' house.  Once he got home things got a little more hectic.  He loves to "help" though, and says, "Helping!" when he brings me a diaper.  If I ask for a wipe he brings me like 10 of them.  But he is mostly pretty sweet with her.  Ben has been getting better and better, but it's definitely taken two of us to keep him entertained all day while feeding Eleanor and keeping her asleep.  I'm thankful the basement is done now so we have an additional play space!  I don't know how I'll survive when Brad goes back to work in 2 weeks...

Eleanor is a sweet and easy baby.  She's still pretty sleepy, but starting to be awake more.  She goes 2-3 hours between feedings.  At night she wakes up around every 2.5 hours to eat.  She goes through a lot of diapers and often poops in a brand-new clean diaper right after we change a wet one.  Stinker. :)  She sleeps in our room.  I both the pack-n-play and rock-n-play-sleeper next to me, and I alternate between the two.  If I can get her in the pack-n-play I do that since it's closest to what her crib will be like, but sometimes she just won't settle in there and prefers the swaddled feeling of the sleeper.  She is not a fan of her swing yet and prefers to be held, but will do pretty well in the boppy lounger.  She loves being swaddled and scratching her fact, so we have to keep little mittens (Ben calls them "mitts") on her hands most of the time.  She's wearing size NB diapers and sleepers, but is almost too long for the sleepers.  Eleanor doesn't cry a lot, but sometimes fusses on me (it seems if she's near me all she wants to do is nurse)...she falls asleep almost immediately when Brad holds her!

Here is a one week comparison of Ben and Eleanor (sorry his photo is from my instagram, I didn't keep the original on my phone).  Think they look similar?


A couple pictures from our first week at home!






Bennett got his own baby doll from Eleanor when she came home.  Here I just fed Eleanor and then put her in the boppy lounger.  He fed his baby too, and put him in the boppy.   

And "Baby" Bennett on the right. :)



No comments: