It's Father's Day. First of all, let me say how much I love my father-in-law, Randy! This man is amazing! He has spent countless days (it might total up to weeks now???) at our house painting, building, doing yardwork, etc, etc etc...We appreciate everything you do for us. Happy Father's day!
Also, Happy Father's day to Brad, who's sort of an "adoptive dad" to a sassy and hyper cockapoo puppy.
.......
But of course I'm missing my own dad today. I know I'm an adult, I'm 27 years old. But I think that's way too young to not have your dad around anymore. Do you think there's ever an age when you don't feel too young to lose a parent? I doubt it. I miss calling my dad for car advice. I miss karaoke nights. I miss his crazy voicemail messages. I miss riding in the car up north, belting out Burl Ives. I miss him calling me two or three times a day. I miss the birthday songs on birthdays. I miss so much about him today. All the things I took for granted, as we often do when our loved ones are right next to us. We don't think about the fact that they'll be gone someday and we sometimes forget to really appreciate them all the time. But my dad was a great dad. He loved his family SOOO much. I don't know if there was a day I went without talking to him, even though I wasn't always able to be there with him. He was always loving, fun, caring, protective, strong, and he was our hero. Love you dad. I know you're in a better place today, celebrating father's day with our true Father, as I know you often dreamed about when you were in pain and struggling with health here on Earth. But we haven't forgotten you down here either. Happy Father's Day. I miss you, and I think I always will. But I'm a strong, happy, loving person today. Casey & Missy are happy and healthy too. We are growing up into wonderful people. And I know that's because of you and Mom. Thank you for being a great father.

We look forward to singing karaoke with you again in Heaven someday.






1 comment:
Jessie, This is beautiful honey.
Post a Comment