Monday, June 21, 2010

Furniture!

Well, we broke down and got furniture for the family room.  The room has been done for a while now, but we haven't been able to use it because we had no furniture.  One of the furniture stores was having a deal, so we went to look, and found some we liked.  It was a splurge, but used sets on Craiglist were only going for $400-500 less, so we figured it would be nicer to have new stuff we know was in good condition and that we really liked.  It's VERY comfy.  We're thinking the family room will be more of our "hang out" room once we get the TV.  With the new patio door walking out to the patio and grill, it's perfect!  I also got a few "knick knacks" at TJ Maxx/Marshalls (LOVE those stores!) to decorate.  We want to add some antique-looking books too, but didn't find any yet.  I might try Goodwill for that.  All that's left is candle sticks for the mantel and a big TV (THAT will be awhile...maybe if we ever get our tax return back....).

Here are a few pics!




3 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

I love them! Nice work Jessie!

Unknown said...

Super nice! They pull the room together! I love how bright it is in there. :)

Mom H. said...

Now all it needs is a bunch of stuff on the walls - pictures, wall hangings, etc.... Ha Ha. Mom