Cooper - Things with Cooper are going okay. Potty training is going awesome except for when we let him in the living room. It seems that even if he just went, he can manage to go again on the pink fluffy carpet. In the kitchen he hasn't been having accidents at all, so he's kind of confined to that area for now. Obedience training is going alright too. He can already "sit" 90% of the time and can "stay" for a distance of about four feet before he gets anxious and comes at you. We started working on "shake" but he wasn't getting it at all (kept biting our hands) so instead now we're working on "lay down" and he's doing okay with it. With "fetch" he fetches his duck toy about 90% of the time but only retrieves about %15, but we're halfway there, right? He is SUCH a cutie, though, and when he's tired, he's a BIG snuggler.
Unfortunately, he has been doing LOTS of biting when he's hyper and excited. We need to use the butter on our hands more often, as that trick seems to work, we're just kind of lazy about it. We also need to work on him taking treats out of people's hands without biting...
We're still trying to introduce him to as many experiences as we can. So far we've gotten a thunder storm, boys, girls, people with hats, people with glasses, an elderly person, cars driving by, strangers petting him, the door bell/knocking, doors slamming loudly, the washer/dryer, and the disposal. We're still looking to introduce him to some kids and I've been meaning to fill up the dishwasher so we can try that, too. With new things he's mostly a little hesitant at first, but timidly goes over to see what it is. And as long as I pet him and say "good boy" he isn't afraid anymore.
Housework - I think after this week Brad's going to suggest me quitting my job. This week we finished sanding/priming spots in the livingroom where we took down the soffet/curtain rods and repainted the main living room wall. We also primed/painted the ceiling in the living room and dining room in a few spots that needed it. Then we repainted the dining room wall that needed some touchups. We painted the kitchen ceiling. Missy & I primed the cabinets for the family room and I started the trim paint in the kitchen. Not to mention getting a ton of laundry done! Not bad, right? I was originally going to spend the week cleaning, but then I realized I clean every week anyway, so I should work on something we're just procrastinating on getting done. Hence, a lot of house work has been getting done! So now I might still try to clean on Saturday if my brother-in-law comes to watch Cooper while Brad/his dad work on the house.
Easter Pedis and me with Mom & Mollie:
Some pics of Cooper's first days with us!

No comments:
Post a Comment