Here are few things we did:
1) Painted the kitchen. I really truly thought it was a shade of brown before. I was wrong. It was definitely a crazy shade of pink. No wonder the cabinets looked so hideous and orange next to that color. Now it's green, and though the floor and countertops definitely need updating, it's at least livable. I love the new color!
Kitchen before:
Kitchen after:
2) Repainted/touched up the living room walls and ceiling where we had taken down curtain hooks and the soffet. This meant sanding a little more, priming, and a few layers of paint. The bummer about this was that we already painted these walls! But we decided to take down the soffet after painting, so there you have it. Oh! And we finally hung some stuff up - curtains & pictures!
Living room before:
Living room after: new color, no soffet, stuff on the walls!
3) Started doing some yardwork. Brad started getting rid of the mound in our backyard where the electricians grounded our electricity (so it's not a huge thing coming off the roof anymore). And Nate, Brad's brother, came over and started taking out the last remaining ugly bush.
Nathan just starting on the bush:
Just the roots and a stump left!
4) Fireplace tile/mantel. Brad and his dad grouted the tile around the fireplace on Saturday and then put up the mantel. It looks beautiful!!!!!!!!! Just a few finishing touches and the fireplace will be done. Then we just need to finish installing the side cabinets and floorboards, give all the woodwork in there another final coat of paint, and then carpet! I cannot wait! I think the room is going to look so beautiful!
So that's how we spent a lot of our spring break. Well, I pretty much spent the entire week off half training/playing with Cooper, and half working on painting, etc. It was tiring but it felt good to catch up on stuff. Everything's looking great. Thanks friends & fam! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment