Thursday, June 27, 2013

4th Anniversary: Reality Hits!

So...yesterday was our 4th wedding anniversary.  Super exciting, right?  Except, we have a 2 month old, and it was Wednesday and Brad is a deacon at church.

So instead of being exciting, our BIG day went something like this:

*Wake up, frantically try to both get ready to leave by 7:30am (Brad for work, me for a meeting at school) and have Bennett/the house/Cooper ready for the babysitter.  I remember it's our anniversary, say "Happy anniversary!" and give Brad a quick peck between nursing/pumping/showering/dressing baby/writing babysitter notes.  I quick give Brad his anniversary card to which he replies, "I thought we were doing that tonight!" (Interpretation: Didn't have one for me yet...haha).

*Brad works until 5:30 while I have my work meeting then spend the rest of the day trying to keep baby fed/happy/clean.

*Brad comes home and entertains baby so I can have a tiny break and make dinner.  We eat in shifts while keeping baby happy.  Talk for like 10 minutes maybe.  I give him a little gift (flowered tie - 4th anniversary is flowers!).  He's mad because we said no gifts!  (Interpretation: Didn't get me anything - oh well, we said not to...).

*6:30-10:30pm Brad is at his meeting at church.  I am back to trying to keep baby fed/happy/clean.

*10:30pm Brad gets home - I'm already in bed.  Gives me my anniversary card and I read it through sleepy eyes.  Brad says, "What's your favorite thing about the past four years?"  We agree it's our baby.  Fall asleep.


Despite that pretty ordinary-day anniversary, I don't think we'd change a thing!  Well...maybe we would have planned better so we'd be going out to dinner tonight at least, but such is life with a little one at home!  Next year we're planning to take a nice trip somewhere for our 5 year (heads up Mom & Dad G!).  





No comments: