Our little guy is two months old today! We don't go to the doctor until Monday for his check-up, so I'll let you know then what he weighs. He is getting some crazy-cute chubby cheeks, so I think he'll be up there!
We love that Bennett is starting to be so alert. He is smiling like crazy and "talking" to us a lot! He also loves spending time on his play mat (or really anywhere flat on his back where he can look around and with people talking to him). Bennett is sleeping in his crib for about 5 hours from 10pm-3am, then eats and sleeps until 5 or 6 am, then eats and usually naps with me until 7 or 8am. Not bad! Although he sleeps well in his crib, he naps horribly in there! So naps are on the boppy or in the swing. Bennett still needs to be rocked and swaddled for naps - not quite ready to fall asleep on his own yet.
Bennett is also getting used to going places. I try to take him running errands a lot, even though it's a lot of work and I'm always nervous that he'll have a meltdown. But the more we go out, the better he is at it. He's getting better on walks, too. He used to cry half-way through our walks, but now he does well usually the whole time. Bennett has also had two babysitters so far: Aunt Missy and my friend Jennifer! The first time with Aunt Missy went horribly and Brad actually had to come home. But the next time with Aunt Missy and again with Jennifer he did really well! He's getting better at taking a bottle so that makes a BIG difference! I found these Avent Naturals bottles that are supposed to be more similar to nursing, and he seems to do the best with those.
Bennett has rolled over from his tummy to back twice so far randomly, and just today he rolled from his back to his side, then got stuck. :) I think we're still far away from him purposefully rolling over. He has very good neck/head control already and LOVES "sitting" on laps or "standing" (with the help of us of course!). If he's awake and alert he really doesn't love to be held cradle-style. I think he really loves to look around. Bennett also LOVES his nuk and sucking on his hand.
Barb, my mother-in-law, showed me this cute Disney Story App. It's free and so I tried it out. Here's a little picture slideshow of B at 2 months - ending with a video from today of him smiling and talking! Sorry - the layout on my blog got a little funny...It also takes a few seconds for the video at the end to play - be patient please! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment