At 6 weeks, I have no idea how much Bennett weighs, but he was 11 pounds when I took him to the doctor to check if he had an ear infection (he was SO crabby!). He didn't, thankfully...the doctor thinks it was a growth spurt. We look forward to more of those (insert sarcastic tone). He didn't nap or want to be put down for two whole days and he nursed constantly (but not well - on/off, on/off....).
Bennett is starting to smile at me all the time. Whenever I say "Hi Bennett!" in a sing-songy voice he cracks a huge open mouth smile. And he smiles at Brad and other people sometimes too. It helps if you tickle his cheeks. He is also starting to "talk" more and more. And his night bottle with Brad is going pretty well too. At first he was only taking an ounce or so from the bottle, then would want to nurse soon after, but lately he's been taking 2-3 ounces, which means I can pump more! The bottle gives us more freedom to do stuff, too. We've gone out to eat with him twice already and he's done great! We hit up the crowded, loud, kid-friendly restaurants (so far Rudy's and Stir Crazy). :)
Bennett also has a killer grip and pretty much grabs onto anything in close range. He's napping pretty well again, too. During the days with me he'll nurse, play for a little while (read: lay on the play mat or sit in the swing), then nap for an hour or two (usually in the boppy on the couch). That's pretty much on and off all day. He sometimes has a hard time falling asleep when he's tired, so he needs to be rocked and needs white noise (microwave fan - haha).
Another big update is Bennett is officially sleeping in his crib! My original plan was to put him in there once he started sleeping 4-5 hours a night in a row, but after his cold he wouldn't go back in the bassinett (it's officially been moved to the basement), and I wasn't getting much sleep with him laying on my chest, so in desperation, we tried the crib. And it went pretty well! He does 3-3.5 hours his first chunk of the night (the doctor said eventually this will become his long 4-6 hour stretch), then 2-3 hour chunks after that. When he wakes up I nurse him and put him back down, which has been going fairly well. He sleeps swaddled, with his white noise machine blaring and a tiny night light for when I go in there.
Bennett is also officially out of size newborn clothes. Just after he was a month old, things weren't fitting him lengthwise. For how big he is, things still have plenty of room in the width, but he's just too long! We still squeeze him in a few NB size sleepers, but mostly he's in 0-3 month clothing now. He is wearing 3 month size white onesies, and some 3 month regular onesies fit too (a little long, but not much!). I am loving that he fits into "regular" clothes. We mostly hang out in sleepers or onesies if we're just staying home, but I love putting him into outfits when we go places. He looks like such a cute little man! :) Baby jeans are just to-die-for! Baby boy "man" outfits are hard to find; I've had the most luck at Old Navy and Baby Gap, and I've found a few things at Target. It's frustrating how many more cute girl clothes are out there!
Here are some 6 week pics, showing off his new smile...
So funny story...during this photo shoot, B had some gas, and when I picked him up afterwards, there was poop on the white sheet! Leaked through his diaper, onesie, and jeans! AND onto the couch underneath! We gave him a bath. After he was dressed, more gas. So Brad was changing his diaper while I cleaned up the bathroom stuff. And I hear Brad shout, "He needs another bath!" So I run into the bedroom and Bennett had peed all over his face while Brad was changing him. He was a mess again. And Brad and I were frantic and running around trying to get wash cloths and get him clean again, so then Bennett was crying and screaming too. Oh my, what a mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment