Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

Father's Day weekend was mostly spent with just me and Bennett...Brad went on an annual father/son fishing and camping weekend on Lake Winnebago.  Bennett and I decided to drive up to Oostburg on Saturday night to visit Grandma Barb and Uncle Nate.  They hadn't seen him in two weeks, and he's changing so fast!  They were amazed by how much he's smiling and "talking" now!  Bennett LOVES Uncle Nate and smiles/talks every time Nate looks at him.  

On Sunday morning Bennett and I drove up to Green Bay.  We met Missy at my mom's house. I have been wanting to pick some of her perrenials to plant at my house, and we finally had time to do it.  I got a bunch of irises, lilies, peonies, and some things that I'll just have to wait until they fully bloom to find out what they are!

Next we met Casey and Amanda at the cemetery to see the newly engraved headstone.  Someone had dropped off a basket of beautiful flowers!  We also dropped off a father's day card for my dad (who would have LOVED Bennett so much!  He loved babies - and babies loved him!).  We stopped inside the mausoleum to see my Grandpa Herlache and Grandpa Amenson's graves while we were there.


After the cemetery, we all met Pete out for lunch at Highland Howie's in Suamico.  The food was really good but HUGE portions so we were all pretty stuffed.  Bennett had decided he was SUPER tired but DID NOT want to fall asleep, so most of lunch was spent taking turns rocking him around the restaurant.  A waitress even volunteered to rock him so we could eat lunch! :)   Thankfully by the end, Aunt Amanda had him asleep so Pete could hold him for awhile.  


And FINALLY....we drove back to Brookfield and met Brad at home around 4:30pm.  Bennett gave him his Father's Day gift and we had Missy and Kyle over for a cookout!  Bennett was refusing to nap and didn't sleep more than ten minutes from 4:30-9:30pm.  That makes for a crabby baby!  Missy, Brad, and I took turns rocking him (how did Kyle get out of that one?!).  Then Kyle and Brad planted the flowers from my mom's house.  It was a beautiful night for cooking out and being outside!










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really nice weekend. I'm so happy you were able to transplant your mom's flowers. She was always such a great gardener. Also nice that you could visit your mom and dad's grave. Miss them both. And yes, Uncle Jim was ALWAYS favored by all the kids!!

Love you!